This is a quick update about the birthday project, TODAY is the deadline (11:59PM EST)! First, to those that sent something in THANK YOU! For the most part this won’t concern you since you’ve already sent something in. NOTE: I’m in the process of sending out emails to all those that submitted something. So if you didn’t get one contact us asap, please!
VIDEO/AUDIO SUBMISSIONS: We are actually looking for more people that can say happy birthday in their language. We’ve requested video but we know that some people didn’t want to do that, so audio is fine too. I just really want to add this part to the video, so if you can record a quick ‘happy birthday’ in YOUR language either on video or an .mp3 if audio that would be great! Attach audios to email if possible! You can record with your smartphone, computer, etc.
I’ve been checking our email often for questions or concerns, feel free to send it via tumblr, twitter (preferred), etc. I’ve gathered all the submissions (don’t worry, you can still send it in) and although the deadline is today, lots of people have been asking recently if they have to be in the picture, or does it have to be a picture, can we draw, can we submit more than one submission, etc. So this is for the people last minute people that haven’t sent something in because they were reluctant to or just simply haven’t something in. If you already sent something in, don’t worry about it!
- Doesn’t HAVE to be a picture, you don’t even have to be in it. Although we do PREFER this, if you’re uncomfortable, we totally understand. Instead you can just block yourself holding the paper we requested (happy birthday in your language, then underneath that your name and country) or take a pic of the sign, etc.
- Doesn’t have to be your full name, doesn’t even have to be your given name. Username will be fine.
- Doesn’t have to be a piece of paper, I’ve seen many creative submissions! (chalkboards, is an example, really liked that one).
- Graphics / fan art are acceptable (some even drew on their paper the held), but if you do submit this PLEASE add the happy birthday (in YOUR language) + name/username + country. Yes, it can be just your graphic/art work, you don’t even have to be in it. Bear in mind the DIMENSIONS! Please make sure it’s at least 1300px on either side! NOTE: However, we cannot guarantee all of these fan art submissions will make it to the booklet that will be given to Mike Shinoda. It’ll most likely just make the video, but if it’s really great I’ll make sure to add it.
- Go ahead and send more submissions if you want to, there were some that sent pictures of themselves with their happy birthday paper and also took another picture of their sign (if it works out well, all submissions will be shown).
- Can’t stress enough how much the dimensions are important! There were quite a few submissions that were under 1300px, even 1000px. I ask for this size so it can look good in the video/booklet. I’ll add the other sizes, if I can, but no guarantee that it’ll have it’s own slot in the video by itself.
(Original post about the birthday project here)
Any other questions feel free to ask them. If everything goes according to plan I’ll be able to extend the deadline till February 10th, but this is not 100% certain, so best to send something in today!
Another thing I wanted to mention, since I’ll be giving Mike the booklet I plan to do (IF all goes well) on Saturday February 16th, you can send submissions up until February 12 (maybe February 13) because that’s when I’ll be leaving for Las Vegas, you won’t be included in the video but perhaps the booklet that will be handed to Mike in Las Vegas.